George Elvin explains in his book, Integrated practice in Architecture, the importance of integrated practice. He provides strategies and methods of integrated practice. The steps to the integrated design process are:
1. Building the integrated project team
2. Planning the integrated project
3. Communication and building information modeling
4. Managing risk, uncertainty, and change
5. Putting ideas to work
6. Adopting integrated practice
Elvin , George. Integrated practice in architecture: mastering design-built, fast-track, and building information modeling. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, 2007.